About Stars and Stories
Stars and Stories® is an award-winning tech platform delivering authentic online reviews for the biggest brands. It all started with an entrepreneur, a vision, and a market eager for a game-changing concept. Our premise is to deliver authentic online reviews powered by big data and artificial intelligence. This goal is realised by incorporating a community of reviewers who on a daily basis strive to deliver honest reviews. Because our method is unique in its form, we get to work with corporate companies such as Samsung, Fitbit, and LEGO® who value our way of working. Our company culture is characterised by the ability to look forward. This is why we strive to attract as many bright-minded people who can identify themselves with this philosophy.
We advocate diversity within our company, this is why our team consists of a dazzling 14 nationalities. On top of this, we have adapted our organisational structure to the Covid-19 pandemic by stimulating a hybrid way of working, which has been implemented successfully within our company culture.
We maintain a flat organisational structure, in which ownership and personal responsibility is key. There is also plenty of room for individual growth, as we offer the opportunity to partake in a set of online courses. Lastly, we actively encourage team building by participating in many events and weekly drinks.
As a Financial Controller, you belong to the International Finance Team of the Stars and Stories Group – a global operating company with 7 entities. We are currently growing at a rapid pace in our scale-up phase, our departments are going through various projects and changes.
In this role, you are the right hand of our Finance Director and you are responsible for running the day 2 day finance operation. You make sure that the administration is up to date. You provide comprehensive financial updates to the FD by evaluating, analysing and reporting.
Aside from this, you strive to improve essential processes and procedures within the revenue, expenditure and financing cycle.
We are looking for a dedicated and sparkling colleague who is not afraid to join the road and take our finance-related challenges to the next level.
– You are the go to person for the organisation when it comes to all finance related questions (payments, expense reports, pay slips etc)
– You run the day 2 day finance operation by managing AP, AR and GL
– You make sure that the administration of the entities is up to date
– Overseeing regulatory requirements (VAT / ICP/ OSS)
– You are responsible for the financial close of the month/quarter/ year
– You take care of reliable and accurate financial and management reporting, including fulfilling group reporting requirements.
– You are responsible for assisting in preparing the file for the annual report
– You offer recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
– Evaluating the efficiency and effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database
– 3-7 years’ experience in a financial position
– BSc. or MSc. degree in accounting or finance
– Fluent in English and Dutch
– Strong analytical skills
– You work very accurate and organised
– Experience with Exact online
– Experience with Excel or Spreadsheets
– Experience with AP, AR and GL accounting
– Experience with (international) VAT declarations, maintaining and creating financial reports
– Experience with monthly, quarterly and year end closing
– It’s a plus if you have experience in an international Scale up environment
– Work in a scale-up company with all the chances, opportunities, challenges, and adventures that a corporate company can’t give you
– Competitive salary (3500-4500 EUR gross per month) depending on the experience level
– Work in a ‘hybrid way’ (50% office, 50% from home) with flexible working hours
– Possibility to work remote or from one of our offices in Europe (Netherlands, Germany or Stockholm)
– Budget to create a comfortable ‘home office’
– You will work with an International (more than 14 different nationalities!) and sparkling team
– Regular champagne moments to celebrate successes together (monthly company events online or offline)
– Questions? Do you have any questions about the role, company culture, or key values? Feel free to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have a smile on your face after reading the vacancy? Do you meet the requirements and recognize yourself in the role description? If yes, don’t hesitate to apply!
What to expect?
1. Apply and submit your motivation and CV
2. Play the game
During this job application, we will ask you to play a couple of short neuroscientific games. These games provide you with the opportunity to showcase your potential, talents, and personality.
As a result, we can ensure equal opportunities for everyone who applies, by evaluating everyone based on objective, scientifically proven insights rather than gut feeling.
As we value personal growth and transparency, we will make sure you receive your results on the games as well. Good luck!
3. First Interview
4. Second interview